- 1 package of Oreos
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 package Ghirardelli Melting wafers
- 1 container or tube of white icing
- 1. In the bowl of a food processor, put your Oreos and cream cheese in and pulse until combined.
- 2. Using a 1-inch cookie scoop, scoop the mixture into balls. Place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- 3. If making these into footballs, shape into logs and then pinch the ends of each truffle to resemble a football. If making into regular truffles, shape into round balls.
- 4. Melt the Ghirardelli Melting wafers in a microwaveable bowl, for 30 seconds on defrost. Stir. Repeat until melted.
- 5. Using a fork, dip each truffle in the melted chocolate. Shake off the excess. Gently slide off the fork onto the prepared cookie sheet. Continue with the remaining truffles. If your chocolate begins to harden, place back in the microwave for another 30 seconds (on defrost setting).
- 6. For the laces: Prepare a pastry bag (or Ziploc bag and cut a small hole in a corner) and small round pastry tip. Fill with white icing and pipe laces onto each truffle. Allow to set before devouring!