- 6 green tomatoes, sliced about 1/2-inch thick
- 3/4 cup Honeyville Blanched Almond Flour
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay Lemon and Herb Seasoning (or any spicy seasoning mix)
- 2 eggs, beaten well
- 1/2 cup Ranch Dressing
- 1-2 teaspoons Sriracha Rooster Sauce (start with 1 teaspoon and taste to see if you want it spicier)
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 350 F/180 C. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Cut the tomatoes into slices about 1/2-inch thick. (We used the flat inner pieces and discarded the ends of the tomatoes with rounded edges.) Beat the eggs in a small bowl. In another bowl, mix the almond flour and Old Bay seasoning. Remove and save half of the almond flour mixture, so you can work with two batches.
- One at a time, dip both sides of each tomato slice into the egg and then into the almond flour mixture, using the fork or your fingers to press the almond mixture on to the tomato slice so it sticks. Place each tomato on the baking sheet after it’s coated with the almond flour mixture. (Don’t worry if they aren’t completely perfect; just work on getting each one coated with almond flour as much as you can.)
- Bake tomatoes 35-40 minutes, turning carefully once. While the tomatoes bake, mix together the ranch dressing and Sriracha sauce to make the dipping sauce. The baked tomatoes are done when the almond mixture is lightly browned on each side and tomatoes are cooked through. Serve hot.