- 2 large cucumbers, thinly sliced
- ½ medium onion, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon paprika, or to taste
- Spread cucumber and onion slices onto a large platter; season with salt on both sides. Let rest for 30 minutes, then drain in a colander and squeeze to remove excess moisture. Blot dry with paper towels.
- Stir sour cream, sugar, vinegar, dill and parsley together in a large bowl. Gently fold in cucumber and onion slices until coated. Cover and refrigerate, 8 hours to overnight.
- Garnish with paprika to serve.