- 4 medium zucchini
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Juice of 1/2 small lemon
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat a gas or charcoal grill to high heat (400 to 450 F). Trim off the ends of each zucchini and cut it lengthwise into quarters so that you have four batons per zucchini. Place on a rimmed baking sheet or on a large baking pan.
- Drizzle the zucchini with olive oil and sprinkle with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Place the zucchini on the grill so that one of the cut sides is touching the grates. Grill for 4 minutes, until grill marks appear.
- Flip the zucchini and grill for 5 additional minutes.
- Transfer back to the baking sheet or to a serving platter.
- Squeeze the lemon over the top and sprinkle with Parmesan. Enjoy!