On behalf of our board of directors, physicians, employees, and volunteers, I want to thank The Source for the opportunity to share the Passavant story with the local community. In the following pages, readers will get a sense of how Passavant is integrated into the community and the level of services we capably provide.
A little over two years ago I began my new role as President and Chief Executive Officer of Passavant Area Hospital. Passavant had just joined Memorial Health System as its seventh affiliate, and I was honored to begin working alongside our newest group of team members.
I quickly discovered that Passavant is a dedicated, compassionate organization with a rich history of serving the people of Jacksonville and the surrounding counties. For the past 140 years, Passavant has played a vital role in its community and developed a strong culture of caring that reinforces our mission to improve the lives of the people and communities we serve.
In the 24 months since the affiliation, our team at Passavant has worked tirelessly to leverage the benefits of our new affiliation, to grow and enhance our services to our community, all while continuing to strive to provide great patient experiences for every patient, every time. There’s still plenty of work ahead, but we are proud of the progress we have made thus far.
Some of the successes we have realized in the last two years include:
- Greatly increasing the number of physicians Passavant patients can access for care and expanding coverage in the emergency department and in several specialty areas such as orthopedics, pediatrics and psychiatry.
- Adding equipment and new technology to better meet the needs of the community, including a new MRI, 3D mammography unit and stress echo.
- Improving our facilities, including renovations to our Transitional Care Unit patient area, a new Specialty Clinic and Oncology Infusion Center, and later this year, a renovated cafeteria.
- Developing a new inpatient behavioral health unit.
- Expanding services in areas such as cardiology, oncology, interventional radiology and pain management.
- Achieving top patient safety scores in 14 of 15 indicators, placing Passavant in the 10th percentile nationally.
- Improving patient satisfaction scores an average of 50 percent.
- Earning employee satisfaction in the 93rd percentile.
It is an incredibly exciting time to be a part of Passavant Area Hospital, and we look forward to sharing more success stories and points of pride with the people and communities we serve. If you should ever have feedback about your experiences at Passavant, please do not hesitate to reach out to me. I welcome your insights.
Doug Rahn, DBA
President and CEO