- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup milk
- In a small bowl, cut butter into brown sugar until crumbly. Stir in rhubarb. Spoon evenly into 12 well-greased muffin cups; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk and mix well.
- Spoon over rhubarb mixture, filling cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° until a toothpick comes out clean, 15-20 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Serve warm.