- 6 green bell peppers
- salt to taste
- 1 pound ground beef
- ⅓ cup onion, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- (1) 14.5-ounce can whole peeled tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup uncooked rice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- (2) 10.75-ounce cans condensed tomato soup
- water as needed
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cut the tops off bell peppers and remove the seeds. Blanch bell peppers in boiling water for 5 minutes; drain. Sprinkle salt inside each bell pepper and set aside.
- Place ground beef and onion in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir until beef is browned. Drain and season with salt and pepper. Stir in tomatoes, 1/2 cup water, rice and Worcestershire sauce; reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until rice is tender, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (175 C).
- Stuff each bell pepper with beef and rice mixture; arrange open side up in a baking dish.
- Combine tomato soup with just enough water in a medium bowl to make the soup a gravy consistency; pour over the bell peppers and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until heated through and cheese is melted and bubbly, about 25 to 30 minutes.