What You’ll Need:
- 1 white sock
- 1 sock in color for the hat
- Rubber bands (or thread)
- Colorful buttons
- Glue gun
- Markers or paint
- Orange pom poms
The first few pictures show a black sock – you need to use a white one – the black sock is from another sock craft tutorial we have – the procedure is the same.
- Start by filling your white sock with rice. You will need a hefty amount (we were quite surprised to see how much rice can go into one sock).
2 Once you are happy with the amount (and size) of your sock snowman tie the top with the rubber band.
3. Take another rubber band and place in the middle – more to the upper side – of the rice filled sock to form the head shape.
4. Now glue the buttons to the bottom side by using a glue gun (glue dots do a fairly good job too).
- Draw the mouth and eyes with a black marker or with black paint.
- We also added pink cheeks (Crayola washable paints were great for the job). We made the nose out of two orange pom poms – turned out amazing.
- Add a ribbon for the scarf – we found that glue dots and glue gun work best for ribbons, while other glues kind of fail miserably. You can cut off excess white sock (or you can tuck it in the hat we will be making next).
- Cut the colored sock (we cut the foot part, without heel). Roll it a bit and place it on the head of your snowman. You can leave it as it is, or you can secure it with some glue.
This sock snowman is ready to rock.