Jacksonville Rotary Club’s Senior Scholarship Program
For 2016, the Jacksonville Rotary Club is offering Senior Scholarships to college-bound students. The amount awarded per scholarship will be $2,000. In order to be considered for this award, an eligible student must:
- Be a resident of the legally defined boundaries of Jacksonville, Ill. School District 117, and…
- Be a senior expecting to graduate in May-June of 2016 with plans to attend a four year institution of higher learning, and…
- Not be a child of a current Rotarian.
Academic achievement is not the sole determinant for recipients of this award. The Scholarship Selection Committee will be looking for well-rounded students that have geared their high school career towards community service.
The Ideal Candidate for this award:
- Is service minded and can document his or her hours served with recognized groups such as Church and charitable organizations.
- Is career minded and can easily communicate his or her aspirations for the future.
- Has geared their high school career toward college attendance.
- Has demonstrated leadership skills and can list areas where they have held leadership positions while in high school.
- Is an above average student.
The $2,000 scholarship will be paid directly to the student’s selected school of higher learning on behalf of the student. The scholarship may be used toward tuition and/or school supplies, including books. The deadline for submitting applications is March 25, 2016. Award documentation will be given to qualifying seniors at the Rotary Club Meeting on April 29, 2016, at Hamilton’s on 110 East State Street in Jacksonville. The award recipient and their parents/guardians will be invited to attend. The Rotary Scholarship Committee will notify scholarship winners on April 18, and their respective schools on April 20, 2016.
For any questions regarding the scholarship or the application process, please call the Rotary Scholarship School Contact, Stephen Holt at (479)-619-7358.