What is Prairieland United Way?
The Prairieland United Way is a locally directed non-profit organization which supports critical health and human service needs in the Cass, Greene, Morgan, and Scott county areas.
Donations are collected annually from corporate foundations, employee groups and individuals. Our fundraising goal for 2017 is $520,000.
Community review panels annually make recommendations to the United Way Board on program funding decisions. Approximately 42 programs in more than 30 agencies receive United Way money to deliver programs in seven areas of service – Youth Camps, Adult Services, Emergency Services, Education, Crisis and Intervention, Guidance & Mentoring, and Childcare/Child Development. Funds raised in the four-county area stay in the four-county area.
Many of the agencies that receive United Way funding are small, single-program agencies. The United Way staff provides support on administrative and program issues. Through the United Way office, agencies cooperatively develop programming in an effort to eliminate duplicative community efforts.
Community leaders – corporate and individual – assume the responsibility of assuring the critical health and human services are available to those in need. By giving to United Way, companies and people give back to the community in which they are able to make their livelihood. As a result, those who unexpectedly find themselves in need – co-workers, neighbors, friends, strangers, and acquaintances – enjoy the support of a caring community, a community that together we proudly call home.
Prairieland United Way’s Main Areas of Focus
United Way sees education as a community responsibility. It takes all of us – parents, teachers and caring adults – to help a person succeed in school and in life.
United Way believes a healthy region is a strong region, and our health underpins our ability to thrive at home, school and work. United Way connects our neighbors with the resources they need to lead healthier lives.
As many as one-third of working Americans do not earn enough money to meet their basic needs. United Way focuses on helping individuals walking a financial tightrope achieve financial stability and independence.
Prairieland United Way
200 W. Douglas, PO Box 244
Jacksonville, IL 62651
10 Reasons to LIVE UNITED
Your contribution has a greater impact because it is magnified by the investment of others.
- MORE BANK FOR YOUR BUCK! With a single donation to United Way, you can help numerous people in your community.
- YOUR MONEY STAYS HERE! 100% of your donation stays in our area to help needy people.
- YOUR GIFT IS TAX DEDUCTIBLE. Prairieland United Way only funds non-profit organizations, making your contribution deductible.
- ESTABLISHED LEADER IN SOCIAL SERVICE FUNDRAISING IN THIS COMMUNITY. Prairieland United Way has been serving the citizens of Morgan, Scott, Cass and Greene for more than 70 years.
- GIVING MADE EASY. You may donate by payroll deduction through your employer making it easy, convenient, and painless to give.
- YOUR DONATION WILL BE WELL SPENT! Funded programs must meet strict guidelines and report exactly how their money was spent for its intended purpose.
- MEETING GOALS TOGETHER. Our goal is to create lasting and measurable change that improves the quality of life for individuals and families in the Prairieland area.
- IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE! When added to the 2000 other donations to Prairieland United Way, your gift helps more than 65,000 people annually with critical needs.
- YOUR GIFT IS LEVERAGED! Our United Way agencies use funding they get from us to secure additional state and federal grants, bringing more money to our community for assistance.
- IT’S WHAT WE DO. Prairieland United Way raises more than $510,000 annually to assist needy families.