• 2 cups whole milk
• 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
• 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
• 1/2 cup hot brewed espresso
• Optional: Whipped cream, pumpkin pie spice and ground nutmeg
1. In a small saucepan, combine the milk, pumpkin and sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until steaming. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and pie spice. Transfer to a blender; cover and process for 15 seconds or until foamy.
2. Pour into 2 mugs; add espresso. If desired, garnish with whipped cream and spices.